EFFECTS has recruited its target, e.g. 1,500 patients, as of 28 June 2019.
Work plan with milestones
This is how we want to achieve our goals.
- Last patient in July 2019
- Data cleaning. We started late 2018. Ongoing until 31th Jan 2020
- Compiling the database: February 2020
- Breaking the code: Preliminary date: 10th Feb 2020
- Publications: Our plan is to present the main results at the European Stroke Organisation Congress (ESOC) World Stroke Conference (WSC). In 2020 these two congresses will be merged into one in Vienna, Austria.
- Pooling data for our two sister trials: 2020-2022
- Planning and writing subgroup analysis: 2019-2023
EFFECTS has received substantial economic support, totalling 36 006 500 SEK. The Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet, VR) has granted us 31 114 000 SEK, the largest ever grant from VR for a clinical study in Sweden. We currently have tenancies of VR funds up to the end of 2020, meaning that EFFECTS has stable finances.