Published full papers in peer-reviewed journals
- Mead G, Hackett ML, Lundström E, Murray V, Hankey GJ, Dennis M. The FOCUS,
AFFINITY and EFFECTS trials studying the effect(s) of fluoxetine in patients with
a recent stroke: a study protocol for three multicentre randomised controlled
trials. Trials. 2015 20 (16):369. PubMed PMID:26289352. Click here.
Catrion Graham, Steff Lewis, John Forbes, Gillian Mead, Maree L. Hackett, Graeme J. Hankey, John Gommans, Huy Thang Nguyen, Erik Lundström, Eva Isaksson, Per Näsman, Ann-Sofie Rudberg and Martin Dennis. The FOCUS, AFFINITY and EFFECTS trials studying the effect(s) of fluoxetine in patients with a recent stroke: statistical and health economic analysis plan for the trials and for the individual patient data meta-analysis. Trials. 2017 18:627. DOI 10.1186/s13063-017-2385-6.
An article about the Statistical Analysis Plan for FOCUS, EFFCTS och AFFINITY.Trials 2017, 18(1):627. PMID 29282099. Click here.
- Erik Lundström, Eva Isaksson, Per Wester, Ann-Charlotte Laska, Per Näsman. Enhancing Recruitment Using Teleconference and Commitment Contract (ERUTECC): study protocol for a randomised stepped wedge cluster trial within the EFFECTS trial. Trials 2018 19:14. Click here.
Papers under review
Correspondence since 2013
- Mead GE, Dennis M, Lundström E, Murray V, Hackett M, Hankey GJ. Letter by Mead
et al regarding article, ”Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors for stroke:
more trials are needed”. Stroke. 2013 Apr;44(4):e40-1. doi:
10.1161/STROKEAHA.112.681130. Epub 2013 Jan 22. PubMed PMID: 23339962
Editorials and commentaries on EFFECTS since 2013
Abstracts published since 2013
- ESOC 2014
- ESOC 2016
- Half-time control 12 September 2018
- Half-time control 14 December 2018
Publication plan (preliminary)
- Preliminary title: Update on the EFFECTS trial of fluoxetine for stroke and baseline features of the 1500 patients recruited. Planned after Last Patient In, estimated Mars-june 2019)
- Main Aricle. May 2020. Presentation at European Stroke Conference (ESOC) 2020
- The MAP EFFECTS study. This is an exploratory study of neural mechanisms of fluoxetine mediated motor, cognitive, and language recovery after stroke. We aiming to do a Trial Within a Study (TWIST), using the EFFECTS as the mother study.
Publications from our sister trials FOCUS and AFFINITY
- Effects of fluoxetine on functional outcomes after acute stroke (FOCUS): a pragmatic, double-blind, randomised, controlled trial. Lancet. Published online December 5, 2018. Open Access.