We are currently recruiting subjects from 33 centres in Sweden, see Table below. We have closed Högsbo and Visby due to a lack of principal investigators. The average recruitment has been 30 pat/months during the last 10 months.
We now aim to include 35 patients per months.
Work plan with milestones
Figure 2 below illustrates some of the important milestones for EFFECTS. This is how we want to achieve our goals.
- Application for extension of grant from the Swedish Research Council: Jan 2018
- Ordering last batch of medication: May 2018
- Last patient in March 2019 (ideally) or July 2019 (probably)
- Compiling the database: From 2018 to 2020
- Publications: Our preliminary plan is to present the main results at the European Stroke Organization Congress (ESOC) World Stroke Conference (WSC). In 2020 these two congresses will be merged into one in Vienna, Austria.
- Pooling data for our two sister trials: 2020-2022
- Planning and writing subgroup analysis: 2019-2023
EFFECTS has received substantial economic support, totalling 35 874 000 SEK. The Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet, VR) has granted us 31 114 000 SEK, the largest ever grant from VR for a clinical study in Sweden. We currently have tenancies of VR funds up to the end of 2018, but we are hopeful that we will get an extension of this until the end of 2019, meaning that EFFECTS has stable finances.